Friday, October 2, 2009

frantic friday

Ahh, Friday...I'm excited that you're here. You will be a busy one today, getting ready for the Light the Night Walk tomorrow, crafting up a storm for Sunday's craft show, making Beef Barley Soup in the crockpot...and the highlight, running over to sneak a peek at French Hen Farm's fall sale (where I promise to be good and only purchase gifts for the holidays!)

I took a vacation day yesterday to have my own little Craft-a-Palooza. I was in a groove, having a great time making some recycled wool scarves when it happened. My little trusty sewing machine (that I paid 50 bucks for, twenty years ago) died. It locked up and died...right in the middle of my third scarf. Well, what's a gal to do but run to the (dreaded) WalMart and get herself a new one.

Since I really just pretend to sew, I purchased a beginner machine that Martha recommended (she did, her picture's right on the box!) What threw my decision over the top was that you get a free one-year subscription to her magazine. Well, that's worth it, right? Yep, so I'll be breaking in my new little machine today. We'll see how it goes.

In the meantime, here's a snap of some goodies that we'll have at the North Market on Sunday. Happy weekend, all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AHHHHHHHHHLOVETHOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so sad I will not be back from out of town in time to purchase one.