Sunday, June 21, 2009

nifty quilt show & the rainbow purse

Mom & I went to a quilt show yesterday. While the quilts on display were incredibly detailed & intricate, I got lost in the vintage booths. Such gorgeous old fabrics!




Favorite vendor spot of the day...Nifty Thrifty Dry Goods. Oh. My. Goodness. Ribbons, trims, pincushions & BUTTONS all arranged by color. YUM! (And it was nice to meet you Jacqueline!)





Funny story of the day. When we got there, there were people everywhere! It was gay pride weekend in Columbus. It hit me as I saw Mom getting out of the car...she had a rainbow purse! The irony...I'm easily amused.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's too funny...your mom is so cute!

Quilly Nilly said...

love the yo yo's, I used to make those as kid and I love that they're back.....also, your mom and her purse made me laugh, too funny! Did she get any comments from the crowd on how fab her purse was.....I'm still giggling about that.

Dionne said...

Awwww... mum's are the best!

Look at all that eye-candy! Oh how I wish I could sew!

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

How cute! I'll bet your mom got plenty of attention that day.