Tuesday, August 19, 2008

ox roast saturday


So this weekend...what a weekend. An annual tradition at our church, the Ox Roast & Auction. My sister & I volunteered to coordinate the Silent Auction. Some 45 baskets & packages later, we were ready. Everything from golf packages (9 of 'em!) to Starbucks to family fun & game baskets...there was something for everyone, that's for sure.

The real draw to this local event is the Roast Beef and German Potato Salad. God bless the church ladies. This is serious German food.


My sister's purchase at the live auction. Antique dishes that belonged to a church member's grandmother.

My purchase. A quilt that my neighbor made & handquilted ("all from scraps that I picked up at yard sales.") Had to have it...it's a work of art, truly.

Another item that I loved. A print that had The Lord's Prayer and The 10 Commandments in German. The artwork is so pretty! My DAD purchased it (kindly, after I stopped bidding.)

Definitely some treasures to be had.





Can't wait for some more of that German Potato Salad next year!

No comments: